Organizational Knowledge: The Texture of Workplace Learning (Organization and Strategy)
- Based on the author′s detailed study of safety practices in different corporate settings.
- The author uses this study to empirically describe how learning, knowing and organizing are practised.
- Centred on the concepts of "knowing in practice" and the "texture" of organizational knowledge.
- Gives a rich account of how organizations learn and how corporate practices and policies evolve.
"This is not only an insightful but also a necessary book. It draws together the practice-based school of thought within research on organizational and workplace learning. And, furthermore, the book takes us in an exemplary way through a case study in which the novel term "texture of practice" is used to illustrate how practice is weaved together with the workplace and its members. I will not hesitate to recommend this book to any of my students - and even my friends!"Bente Elkjaer, The Danish University of Education
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 292 pages
- Silvia Gherardi(Author) Davide Nicolini(Contributor)
- John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (2 Jan. 2006)
- Business, Finance & Law
|The message text*:|